Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Farmer


One Saturday when I visited the Nacogdoches Farmers Market, I noticed this happy farmer manning a table of wonderful looking jams, jellies, relishes, and honey.  He is dressed in typical East Texas farmer attire, denim bib overalls (complete with pen, pencil, and a notepad in the bib) and a cowboy straw hat.

12 comments:

Reena said...

What a happy guy! My granddad also always carried pen and notepad just like this.
You captured him just right!

TexWisGirl said...

if he's not a poster child for good country living, i don't know who would be! :)

Paula said...

Salt of the earth kinda guy.

Jill said...

He just makes me smile!

Randy said...

He does look like a happy guy and those jellies look great!

Magpie said...

You just can't help but smile along with him. I bet he had good stories to tell too.

Sharon said...

I'd buy some jam from him. He has an infectious smile!

Mari said...

I love this - makes me smile!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Talk about a happy guy! Can't we ALL have a smile like that?

EG CameraGirl said...

He looks like he enjoys people! I bet he's a nice fella!

Michelle said...

I love this!!! It depicts rural life the way it should be! It would also be really great in black and white. I bet you'd make his day if you saw him again and gave him this photo.

Pia said...

I would like to taste his products, they look so delicious.
A wonderful shot!