I love donkeys, too! What a terrific capture for the D Day! They look as though they're posing just for you, Kathy!! How fun! Hope your week is going well!
We seem to be in the animal kingdom with the "D" words today!! :) Many folk tales revolve around the donkey here!! The Clever Donkey, The Silly Donkey, The Stubborn Donkey...etc. Looks a multi-faceted animal!!
I love donkeys but John won't have one on the place as they can be mean to calves. My daughter had one named Harley but had to get rid of it for that reason. Nice picture!
I share your soft spot for donkeys and would also love to invite one into our family one day. Looks like these beauties have a lovely spot to hang out!
I'm with you, Kathy! Hope we can both have one someday. Are these the Jerusalem variety with a cross down their back? Love their white stripe on their face. Have a lovely day!
You have fallen in love with donkeys? You've been in East Texas waaaay too long girl. LOL. However, I know many women who are married to...never mind. :-)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
37 comments:
Good shot. In Canada the farmers put donkeys out to pasture with the cows. They protect the herd from wolfs and coyotes.
Cool shot. I would like to own a donkey too. They seem so lovable to me. But I don't have a big enough property to own one myself. But hey, YOU do!
Very good shot. Seems like they are looking at you too!! ^_^
ABC
awwwwww....so cute! love the shot....pretty neat!
thanks for dropping by!
I love donkeys, too! What a terrific capture for the D Day! They look as though they're posing just for you, Kathy!! How fun! Hope your week is going well!
Sylvia
A friend had a donkey called Hazel. A pretty name for a pretty donkey.
Jane x
so cute!
Great shot, but I have to wonder...WHY do you want a donkey or two or three? lol Have a divine day!
Leslie
abcw team
Nice ass!
;-)
I must admit, I've never thought about wanting a donkey, but they could be very useful!
One of the most resilient creatures. Too bad they are always compared to stupidity... They are actually quite intelligent.
Pheno, ABCW Team
They are adorable!
We seem to be in the animal kingdom with the "D" words today!! :) Many folk tales revolve around the donkey here!! The Clever Donkey, The Silly Donkey, The Stubborn Donkey...etc. Looks a multi-faceted animal!!
They are kind of cute!
If you get one get a miniature one. They are so cute. Check out this website http://www.longhopes.org/
I love donkeys but John won't have one on the place as they can be mean to calves. My daughter had one named Harley but had to get rid of it for that reason. Nice picture!
Donkeys reminds me of the Shrek the movie hehehe.
ABC Wednesday
They are cute.
i think i'd like to place an order for one as well.
I share your soft spot for donkeys and would also love to invite one into our family one day. Looks like these beauties have a lovely spot to hang out!
I'm with you, Kathy! Hope we can both have one someday.
Are these the Jerusalem variety with a cross down their back? Love their white stripe on their face.
Have a lovely day!
I know! I've been reading several blogs that have donkeys and goats ... I want, I want! My hubby looks at my with much skepticism these days! LOL!
You've taken a gorgeous photo of theses beauties.
Donkeys dappled in 'da shade.
They're adorable. Are they easy to housebreak? :)
Delightful, de-lovely :) Great shot in difficult lighting circumstances.
We only have donkeys in the zoo!
Your photo enhances their cuteness. Hope you get one or three.
They seem like happy fellows!
ohhhh I LOVE donkeys! i wanted to adopt one for a long time, but some people say they don't go well with horses...???
Thanks for the great pic!
Leontien
Aren't they just lovely animals? Great photo, thanks for sharing it Kathy.
You have fallen in love with donkeys? You've been in East Texas waaaay too long girl. LOL. However, I know many women who are married to...never mind. :-)
This dream is not difficult to fulfill.
They are not exactly the cutest pets but the photo is great.
Beautiful! Donkeys are very special - I wish we had room for one or two.
have a nice bray!
ROG. ABC Wednesday team
Is Magpie suggesting a house-pet Donkey???
Great shot!
Roger's got me giggling. Kathy, these must be the most handsome donkeys I've ever seen! And they are posing so nicely for you.
[Thanks much for the compliment. I've only just started to experiment with B&W, and you know what they say, practice makes perfect. :-) ]
That is a beautiful shot although I'm curious why you want one or three!
Post a Comment