Monday, August 8, 2011

Art in the Chicken Coop


One of my neighbors who raises chicken has this antique metal picture hanging as a decoration in her chicken coop area.  I think it's a reminder to the hens of what is expected of them.

10 comments:

Randy said...

What a wonderful old sign. It would look great in my kitchen.

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha! The chicken looks astonished that there are so many eggs. Is she worried that she might have to sit on them?

Reena said...

thanks for this laugh this morning!
Wouldn't it be helpful if we all had a sign to let us know what is expected of us?!!

Sharon said...

What a great old sign. I hope it inspires to chickens to action.

TxFarmhouse said...

That's a hoot! I love it! I need to try it..maybe it'll give my girls the idea to forget the heat and think "eggs, eggs, eggs"..

Jill said...

Ooohhh...I love this!

Cindy said...

That is cute! Reminds me of the WWII poster of the girl flexing her muscles.."We Can Do It!"

Magpie said...

So...do you think if I put a picture of money in my wallet, some will appear? That's one styling hen house!

TexWisGirl said...

LOL! i love it!!!

Anonymous said...

She's probably looking for the Easter Bunny. Who else would put all their eggs in one basket like that?