Saturday, December 18, 2010
King Red and Some of the Harem Girls
There are lots of beautiful birds here. I've discovered that I will need a larger zoom lens to get the kind of photos I would really like to have, but until then I'll just keep practicing. Maybe the back yard birds will eventually get used to me sitting on the steps near their feeders and allow me to creep a little closer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Oh - this is a gorgeous picture! I love your title too. :)
Oh, I really miss the cardinals that I grew up watching in the Midwest. These are three beauties!
Oh my gosh Kathy, this photo is gorgeous. Cardinals are so hard to photograph. When my friend had his cabin up north, he had one or two that flew around the place but I could never capture them.
Wow, I actually like the females so much better. Great colors.
Wow! I love this--great catch!
Wonderful photo! Mom had cardinals in her back yard in Oklahoma...unfortunately they haven't made it to California yet! :-( They are spectacular in the winter against the bare branches.
Gorgeous!! What a pop of red! I wish I had Cardinals here. You're doing just wonderful with the lens you have.
Nice photos of the cardinals, Kathy! I have cardinals in my yard too and they don't let me get as close as you've gotten with your - I'm assuming - 18 to 55 mm lens.
However, my husband is the one who fills the bird feeders and he can often get a tad bit closer.
Great shot and caption!
Post a Comment