Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Red and Yellow, Brown and Gold


Texas has beautiful autumn colors.  My journey was safe.  I'm still getting organized.  I was so happy to get satellite Internet service established yesterday.  (SRQ:  It's just like receiving your TV service by satellite.  You have a dish pointed at the Southern sky and your computer receives the microwaves from the satellite which connects you to the Net.  It's the only option in very rural areas other than dial-up.  They can't lay cable into remote areas and it's very hilly here so cell towers generally are not tall enough to transmit signals.  Cell service in this area was pretty sporadic until a couple years ago and still only a few providers' products will even pick up or receive signals.)  It's definitely not as fast as broadband and I'm sure I will get used to the fact that when you click your mouse the next destination is not a nanosecond away ~ more like 5 to 40.  The biggest disappointment is it takes soooo long to download pictures.  I will have to get in the habit of doing some of my proofreading while waiting for this to happen.  Some of your blogs open very quickly.  Others take a minute or two.  I don't know why the difference.  So because of that I probably won't be posting as often but then perhaps my pictures will be more discriminating!

7 comments:

Sharon Creech said...

Outside, a blizzard is raging and all is white, so what a surprise to see leaves still on the trees in your photo!

Sharon said...

Beautiful trees! I'm so glad you arrived safely! Looking forward to your posts. I've noticed a lot of trees turning colors here in Phoenix. It seems early for them. I thought they turned in late January last year.

Clif said...

I'm glad you've safely arrived in Texas and I'm looking forward to learning more about your new location through your photos. I appreciate your comments on my photoblog and will add a link to yours.

EG CameraGirl said...

It's still so beautiful there! I'm glad your journey was safe and that you are now connected to the Internet.

So are you in the far south of Texas, the west, east, north? I'm trying to get a picture in my mind of where you are now.

Mari said...

Glad you made it safely. It looks beautiful! The internet speed is a problem though. :)

Magpie said...

That's the kind of connection I have with my aircard out here in the boonies where I live too. We adjust. Love your trees...pretty as a picture. :)

Randy said...

Wow they still have some lovely color there.