For those of you who visit my blog, you're all familiar with my granddog Sammy. This is the last you will see of him for a while. Tomorrow I leave for Texas where I will be living with my mom who, although almost 90 years old, still remains fairly independent, but she has fallen several times lately and is in need of someone to give her a little more support. I'll be changing from a city girl to a farm girl (did I just say girl?), moving from a three-bedroom home into a small bedroom at my mom's house. But it's the least I can do. She deserves to live out her life in the home and on the farm she loves, and as long as I can provide that environment for her, that's what will happen.
I won't be away from this blog for long. My computer was shipped last Monday and arrived at Mom's yesterday. Today I called the company who will be installing satellite Internet and changed the installation date from Wednesday to Monday. So I'll travel on Saturday, have Sunday to get settled, and back to work and back to blogging on Monday.
Until then ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Best of luck on your move, Kathy. Not an easy thing to do, but it will be worth it, I'm sure. My mom (who is 96) came to live with us 5 years ago (from Henryetta, Oklahoma). It has been challenging, but I'm happy we could do it. She has enjoyed being a "California girl", I think, although she misses Oklahoma. I'll be looking for your doggy portraits, as well as your lovely photos from Texas!
Sammy doesn't look real happy with that hat, but he sure is cute! Hope the move goes well!
All the best, Kathy. I'm impressed that you are such a wonderful daughter! AND I look forward to hearing about your new life as a country girl. I hope you like it. (I think you will.)
Safe travels Kathy!! I'll look forward to scenes of farm life in the future. I must add that Sammy doesn't look to happy about being Santa. Maybe he'll get in the spirit closer to the date.
Be safe and happy always!
Was Sammy playing the part of the Grinch here?
Too funny...his expression is priceless. Our little Em doesn't look very happy about Grandma leaving either. :( You'll have to visit him soon.
We miss you already!
Post a Comment