This is the most difficult subject I've attempted to photograph. I found purple asparagus at Sprouts a few days ago and I've been trying to take a picture of it every day since. I've tried flash, no flash, extra lighting, inside, outside, laying flat, in a glass/jar, on a plate. I'm still not happy, but ... I've handled this poor bunch of asparagus so much it will probably be mush by the time it's cooked. Depending upon which website you look at, purple asparagus (I sure do like that French "asperges violettes," don't you?) is either a very old variety making a comeback or is a new hybrid. Evidently it will revert to green as you are cooking it unless you add some acid to the cooking water, e.g., lemon juice or vinegar. It purportedly is sweeter but has less fiber content than green asparagus.
Today's News: "Where the Wild Things Are" captured the weekend box office sweeps with $32.5 million in ticket sales.
Today in History: 1917 – Love Field in Dallas, Texas, is opened (that was the year my Mama Bill was born. Who woulda thunk Texas had airplanes back then!).

No comments:
Post a Comment