Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Texas/Arizona Road Trip 2.2 - New Mexico


Beautiful skies greeted me as I crossed from Texas into New Mexico.  Had I been traveling the opposite direction, I would have been stopped by a very busy ICE station.  I noticed they were actually searching vehicles such as mine - a pickup truck with the entire bed covered by a tarp.  My innocent pieces of furniture would have been subject to a search.  I could just see me on the side of the road unpacking the big cedar chest I was transporting and all my books being searched for secret compartments hiding drugs!


Within a few miles the spectacular clouds were replaced by fog rising from the desert floor and obliterating the beauty of the Organ Mountains.  I drove quite a few miles in limited visibility.  Day 2 ended in Lordsburg.  One day to go to reach my destination.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh how I love New Mexico! I wish I were traveling with you. Have a safe journey!

Sharon said...

You captured that wall of fog very well.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

that sky is gorgeous... i do not like driving in fog at all... or being searched

Paula said...

Beautiful picture of the sky. You're sure brave if you made this trip alone.

TexWisGirl said...

oh, yeah. that would have been quite the hassle! glad you were not on that side of traffic. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I had no idea you would be inspected as if crossing and international border!