Thursday, September 10, 2015

White Picket Fence - J.P. Randle House, Gonzales, Texas


For those of you who know me, you are well aware that I'm obsessed with  19th century architecture, especially that associated with historic buildings here in Texas.  The white picket fence in front of a beautiful home  has been a wish of many people for many years.

The same wish might have been held by James Polk Randle of Gonzales, Texas, when he built this lovely home for his family.  I  traveled through Gonzales (550 miles round trip from my home) for the second time this summer and had enough to time to photograph about six of the some 80 historical homes in this city which played a pivotal role in the independence of Texas from Mexico.


The Randle house is currently receiving a new paint job.  Most recently it had pink and blue accents.   The pink-turned columns on the second floor balcony are visible in the first photograph as well as the blue finial on a pink foundation on the fence.

Randle, who actually was born in Gonzales in 1845, built this home for his family in 1898.  After being a traveling salesman he was the owner of a successful dry goods store, in addition to organizing a local bank.

Linking to Teresa's GOOD FENCES

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a pretty house! And a great fence shot. Have a happy day!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

this is my kind of house, i love old wooden houses, much preferred over brick.

Tanya Breese said...

beautiful place!

Paula said...

Like this post very much.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like these photos in black and white. I fear the pink and blue accents would spoil the effect for me.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice house and I love the fence! Have a great day!

A Colorful World said...

Sweet picket fence in front of a gorgeous old home! Love it!

Sharon said...

That really is a beautiful home! It reminds me of my home town in Illinois.

Anonymous said...

Great looking home and fencing.

TexWisGirl said...

it's a neat place. i like your b&w treatment rather than pastel colors. :)

Christine said...

Lovely old place with sweet picket fence. Glad its receiving some TLC.
Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

Ida said...

What a lovely home. I do hope they accent with different colors then pink/blue. - It has a very nice white picket fence too.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful old home. Love that second floor balcony.

Janice said...

Love the old homes!

Suburban Girl said...

I love a house with a picket fence!

Birdman said...

Love the history of all old houses. New paint can really bring a building back to life.

Kate said...

Not exactly a cottage behind that white picket fence!