Monday, September 14, 2015
Nature's Colors
Another lengthy hiatus for me. The problem this time has simply been an abundance of work - you know that old feast or famine cycle. For those of you who don't know I work as a proofreader for several court reporters and I read deposition transcripts. Most of them are boring but I think it keeps my brain stimulated. Labor Day weekend I read 900 pages and this past weekend another 700 and there were a couple of smaller things in the days between. I actually find it to be a fun job. I have a quote taped above my desk by H.G. Wells: No compulsion in the world is stronger than the urge to edit someone else's document.
I had planned to leave this morning on another extended courthouse trip through South Texas but I had to delay that for a couple of days. That's assuming I can get my itinerary complete, reservations made, oil changed, GPS reprogrammed, laundry done, pay the bills, and all those things that are entailed in taking a week-long trip.
So I'll make a huge effort to visit all of you before I leave but I'm not planning to take the time to schedule posts for while I'm gone. So keep the blogging fires burning and I'll be back in about a week with more courthouses, hopefully another painted church, some post office murals, and we must always leave room for pleasant surprises along the road!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Trips by car are exciting for me. We have a trip ahead to Austin, long story. Have an exciting sojourn.
I had no idea you were in that profession! My daughter wanted to be an editor when she graduated from college. She would've had to move to NY to work at the big publishing houses, so she let the idea go. We'll be waiting here when you return. Looking forward to seeing more architecture from you! So special.
Enjoy your trip.
I've been away from my computer for a few days, too, and it is difficult to try to catch up. We will gladly wait for your return.
that is a lot of reading... and i did not know they had to be proof read but it makes sense. i do understand the urge to edit writing and can tell you my desire to edit photos i see elsewhere is and addiction...
It's great to be busy though it can be frustrating, I think. Hope you have a fun trip and bring back tons of photos!
I know what you mean about stimulating the brain. That's why I'm still working part time and even though "business analyst" sounds like a boring job, I find it very stimulating. Especially when I can solve a problem or translate business needs into IT programmer lingo.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Now that fall is getting ever so close, I'm also thinking of a few weekend road trips to occupy my time and keep my camera busy.
Enjoy your trip and looking forward to your images again.
Post a Comment