I've not seen a Zebra Swallowtail around here. We have many of the Tiger Swallowtail that I posted today though. Fun to have both posted swallowtail butterflies today!
Kathy, you captured so beautifully these butterflies. I think we have a Zebra Swallowtail here but this summer for some reason there are not many of them.
I would LOVE to capture a zebra swallowtail with my lens. Alas I have never even seen on. But I see they are as elusive as other butterflies in that they make fast getaways.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
13 comments:
i love it! what a beauty!
What a beautiful butterfly.
You and Prescott Judy feature beautiful butterflies today. Such a pleasure to see!
Very pretty. You and my sister both have butterflies this morning.
I've learned a lot about the names of butterflies on these blogs.
we have swallowtails, 3 types but never seen a zebra one. we have long wing zebra, lots of those.. this is amazing to me..
I've not seen a Zebra Swallowtail around here. We have many of the Tiger Swallowtail that I posted today though. Fun to have both posted swallowtail butterflies today!
Kathy, you captured so beautifully these butterflies. I think we have a Zebra Swallowtail here but this summer for some reason there are not many of them.
Excellent photos!
I would LOVE to capture a zebra swallowtail with my lens. Alas I have never even seen on. But I see they are as elusive as other butterflies in that they make fast getaways.
Simply beautiful.
Nice captures, Kathy. Beautiful.
What a treat to see this one in the wild. LOVE your shots, too. Even the tail-end on the last one. :)
That is an interesting patterned butterfly. All we seem to ever see are monarchs.
Post a Comment