Thursday, August 14, 2014

Through the Fence


This young calf decided to scoot under the last strand of barbed wire on the fence and go for a stroll along our driveway.  When I decided to go out and open the gate to the back lot, hoping she would go through and rejoin the herd, she showed me how it's done.  She just stooped down really low and went through the last slat  in the gate!

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, we had 2 of those fence sliders here. next door one minute, in our hay pasture the next. until their owners FINALLY came and spent about 6 hours repairing the fence one day (after i had made it clear i was not pleased with my frequent visitors.)

Randy said...

What a sweet face.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

he is so adorable and seems to be very smart to...

Sharon said...

She can handle that while she's young.....I can relate.

Judy said...

They do have their own way of doing things. Cute shot!

A Colorful World said...

Very cute! :-) She was just exploring for a minute. :-)

Unfortunately we couldn't look in the windows of the church re-creation either. I didn't show it in the photo, but there was a wire across the front with a No Trespassing sign on it. But it was really stunning just seeing it sitting there, especially when the ravens landed on the bell tower! :-)

Kaya said...

She is a very clever, this young calf.

Kathy this is such a great capture! Very beautiful! And very artistic!

I enjoyed your story very, very much!

Kate said...

I guess she showed you!!

Kate said...

I guess she showed you!!

Kate said...

I guess she showed you!!

Kate said...

I guess she showed you!!

Amy Burzese said...

How sweet. I would love to have been there for that.

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

LOL what a smart calf!