Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Mission Residents
This pup didn't seem to mind the visitors to Mission San Xavier del Bac and was perfectly happy taking a snooze next to the inside of the front wall. When I returned from the day trip my daughter asked if I had seen the dog. I said yes, he was sleeping right along the wall, and she advised that's exactly where he was when she visited a couple years ago. When I showed her my pictures, imagine our surprise to discover that it was a different dog. There must be something especially peaceful about the mission that causes animals to be perfectly comfortable even among a throng of tourists.
Another del Bac resident I encountered was this friendly roadrunner in the parking lot. He didn't seem to be the least bit upset with my focusing the camera and walking closer toward him. He probably was finding a little bug snack in that grass next to the sidewalk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
sweet pup. looks like he is tended to. and i always love to see those silly roadrunners! :)
What a sweet dog to sleep there so quiet on the street, not homeless I hope?
Bet you that dog is looked after and loved by many people in the area. That is my hope anyway!
The roadrunner? He'll take good care of himself!
Jo
They must feel blessed! What a great roadrunner shot you got!
AH! To be as relaxed as that pooch! That roadrunner sure is a ham!
He is obviously safe there and looks well fed. The roadrunner pic is very good. I like the close up.
The dog is probably fed nearby. He certainly looks comfy.
i want that dog and love the RR, i have never seen one except in photos
That looks like a sweet little dog.
I think that roadrunner was striking a pose for your camera.
Yes, they feel very comfortable there. Even this funny looking bird is comfortable. Just standing and looking around!
So interesting how dogs are content to lie in the same place. LOVE the roadrunner. You lucky, lucky girl!
I hope that dog is well. Do you know if he's taken care of?
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
There are great shot to be found in Tucson. Looks like you found some.
Two wonderful shots Kathy! Interesting story about the dog and I like this funny bird.
Post a Comment