She is a pretty thing, despite her lack of bright colors. I read somewhere that male birds with the bright coloration were that way so they would attract the attention of other birds, rather than Mom Bird. Sort of a survival of the fittest.
So pretty. We don't see them around here, although there are still a few around the more wooded areas.
The only info I can find says that the Octave mine was named for the eight partners who owned it. Not a very good explanation for the use of the word octave.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
12 comments:
She's beautiful.
isn't she sweet!
I LOVE seeing pictures of female cardinals; the males get too much attention!
so cute and she is giving you The Look
She is a pretty thing, despite her lack of bright colors. I read somewhere that male birds with the bright coloration were that way so they would attract the attention of other birds, rather than Mom Bird. Sort of a survival of the fittest.
Anybody is welcome to correct me.
Jo
The females are so pretty, but in a subtle way. This one has some attitude tho. lol
So pretty. We don't see them around here, although there are still a few around the more wooded areas.
The only info I can find says that the Octave mine was named for the eight partners who owned it. Not a very good explanation for the use of the word octave.
Beautiful, such a beautiful bird! Kathy, this is a wonderful picture of this beauty!!!!
So pretty she sits.
She's a sweetie!
She sure is beautiful, Kathy!
She's a cutie!
Post a Comment