Monday, June 24, 2013

Misplaced Apostrophes (not Apostrophe's)


Meyersville, Texas, Burger, Biker, BBQ shack.  When will sign painters ever take a grammar course and learn the difference  between plurals and possessives!  I see the place is for sale so maybe the new owners will have studied fifth grade grammar.

21 comments:

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

We see this all too often. I agree.. learn the language, sign people!

jabblog said...

Misplaced apostrophes are one of my bug-bears, too.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i like the old building.. great find.

Birdman said...

But... is the Bar-B-Q good? Hamburgers scrumptious? I can't eat an apostrophe anyway. Diet food?

TexWisGirl said...

i just wanna go in and ask if hamburger is there. :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Looks like a fixer-upper to me. LOL! If that pole on the far right goes..the who thing may topple.

Jo's World said...

Lets finish it up right! Add
Barbeque's and it will be perfect.
lolol

Jo

Judy said...

I bet it was great in it's day. Glad to see you blogging again.

Judy said...

That place looks like it would fall down if a big wind came by. I wonder how many people notice the mistake in the sign. You always find interesting things to show us!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you are back on the blogging circuit again and so sorry to hear about your mom's illness. It really does sound like you've had your hands full.
I love this sign. It's really funny how many of these errors you see.

Paula said...

Reminds me of the Winnie and Egg Taco sign next town over from us.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

The old building is a great find! The sign painter needs a little lesson in grammar, tho. :) Wonder if those burgers and bbq were tasty?

EG CameraGirl said...

Aren't you glad you paid attention in grammar class? It looks like an upscale establishment too. :)

Randy said...

Nice catch.

Mari said...

It's great to see you here again - you find the best places!
I'm a nurse in a skilled facility and we deal with C-diff at times. It's especially hard on older people and I'm glad to hear she is doing better.

Kate said...

Needs more than grammar to spiff it up!

Amy Burzese said...

Maybe his name is Hamburger and maybe there is a guy named Biker and he is welcome. Probably not. That is a great find and the sign makes it better, I guess.

Pia said...

The Hamburger went back to Germany because he's at odds with his friend Biker.
This is a great photo and the apostrophes' use / misuse is the cherry on top.

Sooo good you are back Kathy! I missed you.
I am not at home and have Internet like snail so I have to make it short.

Big hug,
Pia

A Colorful World said...

Oh yes...it drives me CRAZY that I see so many possessives all the time that are incorrectly used! I'm on Pinterest and people do it all the time on there.

Suburban Girl said...

Grammar is gone. English is being tortured. I know I make mistakes now and then, but I know the correct way to speak and write. But me daughter says things like this, 'Me and him are....." Makes me crazy. I still correct her at age 23 and she still gets mad at me. I decided I was going to take it to the next level and say, "Will you go with I to ...." and see what her response is.

Lara said...

I love good grammar gaffes. Not gaffe's!