Saturday, January 1, 2011
They Say with Age Comes Wisdom
One day I came home from a walk with lots of excitement to tell my mother that I saw a beautiful hawk soaring in the blue sky above. She said, "It was probably just a buzzard."
And when I zoomed in on the picture, of course I discovered she was right!
May your new year bring you opportunities to soar as high as the clouds in the sky but to always remain grounded and learn from the wisdom of your mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Looks too graceful to be a buzzard! Happy New Year!
Ha. I can never tell them apart either, but Magpie usually corrects me. Of course, she is older than me. :-)
Such wise words! I'd have a hard time telling what kind of bird it was. I'd just know it was a big one! Visiting my sister in Missouri one time, I was driving on a country road (most of the roads are country roads) and I saw a bald eagle soar past. I remember slamming on the breaks and my sister said what's wrong. Nothing wrong, I'm just in awe!
For being such ugly birds up close, they fly and soar beautifully. Glad you're finding words of wisdom during your time with your Mom.
Tracy, Tracy, Tracy....I'm older than most everybody!!! :)
I agree with your thoughts. (My mom would be proud now :) With age truly comes wisdom!
Isn't it amazing how mother's always seem to be right! (I hope my daughter thinks so!) My husband has learned the hard way never to bet with my mom about anything - she usually wins. She even won their superbowl bet last year and she doesn't even watch football! And about buzzards.....I just saw a tree full of them today (check out my blog). Happy New Year - I'm looking forward to your Texas blogs!
Hehehe! I just learned last year (or maybe the year before) that most of the "hawks" I was seeing were actually turkey vultures. :)
Post a Comment