You have to really beware of all the scooters that are zipping all over the place. The indoor pavilions are teeming with people, some on foot, some on these scooters that are for rent. Then of course you have the strollers ~ I actually saw more dog strollers than I saw baby strollers.
You don't have to be a farmer to wear overalls these days. My cousin has taken to wearing them in his retirement and one of my uncles who is a retired schoolteacher has worn them for years. I've never seen the romance in overalls.
This dude wasn't a person but he exhibited a commanding presence near the entrance of one of the indoor pavilions. He was about 7 feet tall and I finally determined that he must be a werewolf hiding behind a pig's nose.
And this is the first-class prize winner. Dozens of people streaming by his vendor area where he was selling pure-bred puppies in Dog Alley didn't faze this gent one iota. It's a good thing his wife was standing vigil over their wares because someone could have just walked off with one of those little bundles of fur. As I clicked his picture she spoke up and said she might as well offer him for sale too because he was just another old hounddog!





5 comments:
Last time I wore overalls I was hippie-ish college girl...I wonder what I did with them?
Love that ol'hounddog story!
Dog strollers? What has become of us?
Great shots. And I picked the old fan up at a yard sale for $3 or maybe it was $5. I don't recall. But I liked the lines of it.
People watching has always been a favourite pastime of mine. A camera makes it even more fun. :)
I have heard of Canton. My sister law does interior and floral design and used to go there for lots of stuff. I think. Texas has so many cool markets.
I love all you shots! You've really captured the essence of the day. The lady on the scooter does look like she's really speeding by with her hair and scarf flying. Don't know how much the lady would get for her "hound dog". He looks a little long in the tooth and as though he might like more than just dry food.
Post a Comment