Saturday, August 15, 2009

Canine Companions

A 7 a.m. trip to the farmers' market was intended to accomplish three things: buy black-eyed peas and tomatoes and perhaps get a great pic of one of the produce spreads. I found some success, some failure, and an extra-added benefit. One vendor had field tomatoes from Willcox -- they looked just like the ones I picked myself when I was there in July (they were about three times more expensive, however); still no black-eyed peas (I've been waiting since mid-June and the farmer just can't seem to get a handle around the harvest time for these legumes); a couple of colorful pictures of the produce. The unexpected extra: a great shot of these two beautiful Shetland sheepdogs, impeccably groomed, remarkably well-behaved. The one on the left is a blue merle. There are always dogs at the market but these two were certainly today's show-stoppers. I couldn't decide which picture to use, the dogs or the veggies. So for today I'll share two pictures with you. Does this mean that at some point when photo ops are scarce I can skip a day? We'll see!

No comments: