Memorial Day - 2014
Last December I had the opportunity to return to the little town of Sulphur Springs, Texas, which I had originally visited the year before while a new Veterans Memorial was being constructed on the Hopkins County Courthouse square. The granite memorial is designed to display 10,000 names of Hopkins County Veterans.
This sculpture of a World War II soldier is another addition to the Memorial.
We honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we may enjoy our many freedoms.




13 comments:
wow, what a great sculpture. the solemnity, seriousness - the deadness in his eyes - says it all. there are casualties in every war - even for those that survive.
this is a wonderful statue and a fitting tribute to those who have fallen in war
A really wonderful statue and memorial Kathy!
The sculpture is awesome!
Nice looking statue.
This is a wonderful memorial.
That is an amazing statue! You can just feel the weariness as you look at his face. May we never forget those that gave their all so that we might be free!
This sculpture has wonderful details!
this really is a beautiful memorial and it's perfect for the post for Memorial Day.
Kathy, this is a very beautiful tribute to those who sacrificed their lives that we would have our freedoms.
You captured beautiful moments!!!
That's a very nice memorial. I'm glad that you were able to see it after the construction. The shot with the flags is wonderful. Love the color and the sky.
Quite a memorial. . . that's way too many names. Wish we had learned something from it!
Boy, did I get BEHIND! Sorry! This is a wonderful Memorial Day tribute, and I love that Sulphur Springs honors their military heroes so wonderfully! Fantastic statue!
Post a Comment