For the past several days I've been trying to think what kind of a story I could make with some photos of my favorite cardinal, Betty White. As I've mentioned before I've named her that because of her golden coloring and when I see her I think of a golden girl, i.e. Betty White, one of the famous Golden Girls of TV sitcom fame.
I know the Super Bowl is now in the past but that's the story line that kept ringing in my head, so just pretend that the Super Bowl was today or yesterday. Here's Betty's story.
Betty hovers over the buffet table as the boys pig out during halftime. They're literally drooling as they stuff their faces with the goodies Betty and her friend Kathy put out for them.
After the halftime show but before the start of the third quarter, the boys move outside for a little breath of air. But Betty has been feeling somewhat neglected so she swoops in with ruffled feathers to have a chat with her man Charlie.
Unfortunately the guys are completely ignoring her. This does not make Betty a happy cardinal.
After the game is over and all the guests have left, Betty gives Charlie the cold shoulder. If he's thinking about cuddling now he's got something else coming.
Betty gives Charlie a lecture about his behavior during the game. He looks very contrite, don't you think? She eventually forgave him and I was asked to leave at this point.
This is Betty's official portrait taken in 2011. This photo was chosen for inclusion in the 2011 Nacogdoches Photography Association's annual show that year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







27 comments:
okay, i love betty's official portrait - truly beautiful.
but i laughed ALL THE WAY THRU your post! too dang funny! yes, charlie did look contrite as she chided him. :)
this was greatness. :)
Tex sent me here...this is funny.
ooohhh how fun is this!! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, then let her light shine bright!!
She is a beauty, her portrait is gorgeous!!
Tex sent me over, too. Love the tale, and the portrait is beautiful.
Betty is a woman with soul! A great series of photos to illustrate her personality. You are a wonderful ghost writer for her!!
What great shots. They are so colorful.
Betty's portrait is beautiful! I love the narrative of her and Charlie and the boys at the Super Bowl game!
Another of Tex's roundups. I'm glad she pointed me in your direction. Very cute post. :)
Those are such beautiful birds, love the bright colours.
I like that one of the two on white branches.
I love the human Betty white and now I love the bird Betty White... that last portrait is gorgeous and I loved the story.... you go Betty
Betty White in both forms is awesome:) Wonderful pics.....and so true about the culture surrounding Super Bowl:)
I love this post!! The photos are beautiful and the narrative is so neat.
I SO loved this post, Kathy, and I love your feathered friends too!
Betty's official portrait is gorgeous!!!
Have a great weekend, and Happy Valentine's Day.
This could very well be a comic book, you just have to add the speech bubbles ;) The official portrait is wonderful!!
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
Oh my gosh, that was too funny, Kathy! I love the photos and the Super Bowl drama that went with them.
Your Betty White is beautiful and the guys aren't bad either. Love those Cardinals. We have so many at the ranch this year.
Cardinals are one of my favorite birds but rarely seen around here. I love the pictures and the story went right along with them.
I've never seen so many cardinals in one place before. These are great photos and a fun story to go with them. That "official portrait" is gorgeous.
She is a force to be dealt with for sure!!Cute.
An ammusing post.
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.
Awww... just love Betty! The photos are great and your story so cute. The cardinals in the snow are always just so gorgeous!
Your golden girl makes me smile Kathy! What a beauty! The cardinals are wonderful birds, they are not common here. Lucky you, to have such beautiful and inspiring visitors!
Liebe Grūße,
Pia
Gee, I am lucky if I see one cardinal in a tree. You have a whole flock.
Betty's official portrait is just gorgeous!
Betty is truly beautiful - I don't blame her for having ruffled feathers about being ignored! Congratulations on POTW.
Awwww! I love the body language going on between Betty and her Charlie, made me smiles & Betty's portrait is stunning*!*
Post a Comment