Friday, December 27, 2013

46/100 Dogs - Pug


One day not too long ago as I was leaving home on some errands I spotted this cute character along with his buddy, a big white Great Pyrenees, trotting up the hill toward our house.  I pulled Truck over and got out with my camera in an attempt to take their photo.  Easier said than done!  They both were just all over me, licking me to death.  I did manage a couple shots of this little pug, who doesn't have a corkscrew tail!  I still haven't figured out where they live or who they belong to but they were definitely a precious pair.

Update:  My mom is home from her latest hospital stay and rehab recuperation.  There's very little time left in my schedule after taking care of her and still trying to do my part-time work.  I've dropped two of my proofreading clients and I still feel overwhelmed.  Picture-taking is a special occasion these days rather than a staple in my activities.  I've tried to get by to see most of my blogger friends in the past couple of days but if I've missed you I promise to visit as soon as I can!

18 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

Oh my goodness, that face is precious!

It is good to hear that your mom is home. Be sure to take care of you too.

Randy said...

So wonderful to see you. Not a fan of pugs. Nice shot though.

TexWisGirl said...

it is a darling dog. :)

i do hope you can manage, okay. i worry about you. bless you, kathy.

Sharon said...

Sounds like you have had a very busy time the last few weeks. I bet those dogs looked very cute walking along the road together.

Rohrerbot said...

I know how crazy it all gets. Just take care of yourself in the process of helping your mother. Many times we forget ourselves and that stress etc can take take it's toll. I hope you have a wonderful New Year. Hang in there. Lots of love, Chris

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a cute little face! Glad you mother is home now. Please take care of yourself though. Take a little time once in awhile to take some pictures. It's good therapy!
Blessings to you in the new year.

Mersad said...

I hope you'll manage to get back into your old routines. I hope your mom feels better now, and I wish the both of you all the best!

Paula said...

Wishing a better New Year for you and your Mom.

Judy said...

That is an adorable little dog! Pugs are so sweet, I would have stopped to say hello too. What a funny pair they must have been, this little one and a big huge Great Pyrenees.

Unknown said...

itz really a cute doggie ha....

http://suryambika.blogspot.com/

Amy Burzese said...

What a pair they must have been! Really big and really small. :). Please make sure you take take time for yourself.

Jo's World said...

Let me join the chorus of voices telling you to take good care of yourself too. Its vital, yet its so hard sometimes.

I would like pugs better if they didn't always look so WORRIED.

Hugs and happy new year,

Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Pia said...

What a nice couple of dogs near you, one so big and one so small and both so happy to meet you.
A big hug to you Kathy!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

he is a doll or maybe she is a doll... glad your mom is better and I wish for you a new year full of photo ops and the time to take them... Happy New Year

EG CameraGirl said...

Very cute pooch!

I'm sorry you have little time to take photos and post, Kathy, as I love what you choose to photograph and I very much enjoy your sense of humour.

Happy New Year and I wish you - and your mom - all the best in 2014.

Indrani said...

Good to know your mom is back. :)
Hope this new year brings in lot of happiness for you!

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

My what charming eyes - they just draw you in! I hear you on how hard it is some days to get a photograph of a dog on the move. My husband keeps telling me, she just ask if I can photograph peoples dog rather than sneaking about like I do. One day...

Sorry things are not much better for your Mom. I know how hard that is so take a moment now and again to loose yourself in the odd photo.

Kate said...

This must have been a pleasant interlude in your overly busy life!