Monday, August 23, 2010

First Attempt at Burning


This is my first try at a technique called burning.  Dave Q mentioned this process in a beautiful black and white photo of a rose where he enhanced the shadows to make the picture more dramatic.  I decided to try it on some storm clouds that I shot while on my vacation.  I hope it's not too obvious that I "doctored" the picture.

7 comments:

Mari said...

It looks really cool!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Oh, I like it! I yearn to burn! LOL. Tell me how you did. I can't seem to grasp the concept.

Sharon said...

I think this looks very natural!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Nice!

Michelle said...

Good job. I have only tried burning once and it didn't work out that well.

EG CameraGirl said...

I have never tried burning. You are inspiring me to play around with it!

Unknown said...

I think it looks great!