Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Desert Storm



A big storm rolled into our valley yesterday but my neighborhood was spared the worst of it.  We did however get the benefit of a spectacular sunset with clouds of purple and aqua, probably a result of the sun reflecting upon the blowing dust in the air.  I did not manipulate the color of this photo, although I did do a little burning on the shadows in the clouds.

4 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

The yellow looks so intense in the darkness.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Lovely, Kathy! I think it's so interesting how the rain showers are hit and miss here. We got nothing, but if we drove about 5 miles east the streets were flooded.

Sharon said...

Lots of activity in the sky...just not much rain!

Magpie said...

Oh, this is the sunset I missed!! You did a great job of capturing it.