Friday, November 6, 2009

Evening Rose 106/365

I headed out on foot at dusk to photograph one of those beautiful Western sunsets -- purple and orange and blue and pink -- but I just wasn't happy with any of the shots. On my way back home I noticed my neighbor's roses and wondered what it would be like to photograph them at night. Here is the best one, taken with just low flash. I love the the yellow center which evolves into a faint peach color which then mutes into the delicate velvety texture of the cream petals. I'm so glad I have several neighbors who have roses. That way I'll never be without photo ops during the entire winter. Many people are very surprised to know that roses flourish in Phoenix and are their most beautiful in our winter months.

Today's News: National unemployment reaches 10.2 percent, the highest since 1983.

Today in History: 1947 - "Meet the Press" makes its television debut.