Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pink Sky

Sometimes you just have to wait for the opportunity. I had all kinds of ideas of what I should "maybe" do for my photo today, but I just kept putting it off and off. Finally about 6:30 p.m. I drug my eyes away from the computer screen and looked outside and it had all the impressions of a coming monsoon. I grabbed the camera, headed out, and as I looked west this is the image I saw! There is nothing quite like a Western sunset. I was thinking just a few days ago we hadn't had many dramatic sunsets recently so it must mean that our skies are clearing of pollution since the beautiful sunset colors are generally reflections and refractions of light. I don't know why we got pink tonight because it's breezy and it was a clear beautiful day, but since pink is my favorite color, I'll take it any day!

Today's news: An Arizona man has figured out a way to avoid paying tickets generated by camera-equipped speed traps -- he wears a rubber monkey mask so that his face cannot be caught on surveillance. Every time Dave V. gets a ticket mailed to him, he sends it back saying it's not him.

Today in History: 1963– 20 African-American students enter public schools in Alabama.